KCSMA Statement of Purpose: To provide a safe, positive learning environment that inspires strong character; promotes intellectual, social, and emotional development; and challenges all students to aspire to their personal best.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Howdy!

Week 10 is in the books!  This week was great, we started learning about nonfiction, fact families and strategies, soils, and Paul Revere.  I love it when the students are interested and engaged, it is not always easy, but I try my best to make it interesting!  The highlight this week was our "fossil dig" with rice krispy treats!  The students learned about archeological digs for fossils and then practiced finding the "fossil" (M&M).  Thanks to Stanley's mom, Fatima, for the treats.

I am looking forward to conference week and seeing all you.  I need to stick to my schedule so please be a few minutes early and understand when I need to end our conference on time.  The students will have early release on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  I have included some more websites for your student to practice math facts and games.  Thanks again to Noelle's mom, Beth, for coming on Wednesdays to teach Zumba during recess and Ryle's mom, Rochelle, for always sending my emails and coming in to do some filing!  We will be having an election activity coming up for all of 3rd grade and need some help, watch for the emails!
Thanks,
Mrs. Borg

No comments:

Post a Comment