KCSMA Statement of Purpose: To provide a safe, positive learning environment that inspires strong character; promotes intellectual, social, and emotional development; and challenges all students to aspire to their personal best.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hello!

I feel like I say this every week, but WOW, what an exciting week!  Tuesday we finally did our fossils and some of them are still drying. Thank you to all the parent help, it made it much easier.  I expect to be able to remove the cast "fossil" from the mold on Monday or Tuesday.  We continued working on the branches of government, this an abstract idea for the students and can be very hard to grasp.  I have given them some clues or hints on remembering some things and we have done many graphic organizers and even heard another song/rap to help!  On Monday I will remind them to take their Social Studies spirals home so they can use their notes and the study guide to get ready for the test on Tuesday.  Tuesday will also be our fossils test.  I emailed the study guide the other day, but I will put both the Science and Social Studies guides on the blog also.  Reading and Writing, we worked more on poetry and created many different kinds.  In Math we worked on the concept of division and they seem to really pick that up quickly!  They also had an assessment on multiplication concepts and overall the class did very well! 

Just a couple of reminders:
Don't forget to sign up for parent teacher conferences on the "sign up genius" form I emailed to everyone.  If you didn't get it please email me and I'll resend it.  Also, menus for November went home so make sure you fill those out and send them in to me. 

I think that is it for this week, I look forward to another week and starting some new and exciting material for the students!
Thanks,
Mrs. Borg

No comments:

Post a Comment